Friday 24 August 2007

Brave me...

...no not me. I'm a shy person who wouldn't say boo to a ghost.
Even those I work with think I'm too quiet. There's another person at work they think is too quiet so an "outing" was organised last weekend to go to Soho... an education, well definitely an eye opener in the fact that 3 of the ladies knew which shops to go into, even those not obvious ones where you have to go down stairs into the basement.... oooo!
So i guess it was a bit of a surprise when I stood up in front of the group and had everything organised and under control - well I wasn't standing there on my own and it was just under control in that we had a time limit so I made sure things were got through in time. Guess it's that teacher in me coming out.
Yet someone else recently suggested I was "brave" to meet new people, can't say I am and I'm a nervous wreck when I decide to approach someone. In fact the whole idea of making a new friend each week is something I've not really done for the last year - I had too many people at the new class to get to "know". Really I should get back on that hobby-horse as my friends are not local and even the one local one is thinking of moving further afield..... (haha, just thought perhaps it's me- make a friend and they move away).
So billy-no-mates here should get up and go meet someone interesting that I can go down the cinema with or out for coffee.
Challenge number 2 is to do something nice for someone else..... hmmm will it be friend or stranger.
Now I must go and find a good dentist as my teeth will be grinding and gritted in my "friendship" challenge.

1 comment:

Mephitis said...

You've got grit, girl! I don't know why people are so frightening, but they are.

Sorry haven't emailed, will do asap.