Sunday 25 November 2007

Sunday sunshine

Had  a lovely dinner last night round my folks - tomato & basil soup, lamb chops and veggies, then josterberry crumble and custard. And not forgetting good company.... although when we went and sat down afterwards I found it very difficult to keep my eyes open!
Today we went to a toy fair and bought....nothing, we were looking for Xmas presents. Came home for a bacon butty before mum turned up with the bulbs (not light bulbs!).
I helped dig the trench whilst she was digging up part of the lawn, then we planted tulips, crocus's, tete a tete and February Gold daffs, minnows and Ipheiom, primroses and some type of black grass. So come the spring I should have a lovely colourful border.
Follow all that with spaghetti bolognese, then I managed to actual make scrummy custard (it usually goes lumpy or so thick the spoon stands up in it) which we had with fresh pineapple and we actually managed to have it all done before 8pm!! We're usually struggling by the to get it on the table in time for Top Gear. Watched lots of TV this evening which is a nice ending to a good day, especially after just a rubbish day yesterday.

1 comment:

Mephitis said...

Sounds lovely.

Thanks btw for the card, it was very me! :D