Thursday 19 February 2009

History...

What would you do if someone you spent most of your time hanging around with at school and uni but hadn't heard from for two and a half years bumped into you in the shops? I was accused of not getting in touch - ok so I hadn't but I don't have any contact details as the said "friend" moved several times (Canada to England once and all!) and never bothered to let me have any phone numbers let alone address.
I was friendly polite person, cheery even, and provided friend with mobile number to call me as we were dashing off to pay the parking fee and didn't want to go over the hour (close we had 2 minutes left on the ticket). It's got me thinking that no matter where everyone else moves to they all knew my parents number and house yet no one from those days gets in touch..... ....perhaps the past is best left in the past and new horizons should be sort.

2 comments:

Mephitis said...

I think sometimes people fall out of touch without meaning to - just life gets in the way and putting off until tomorrow... Which while not very admirable, I don't think is a rejection of the friendship per se.

In your shoes, if the person called, I might see if the acquaintance was worth renewing. If they didn't call, I'd probably just pass on.

Twizi said...

True, I shall wait and see what happens.