Tuesday 17 February 2009

Progress report

Ok so two in one go is a lot from me but I thought I'd divide up to give a Little C progress report.

Slimline Little C hasn't progressed with any more toofypegs - we have random days of red rosy cheeks and drooling and once I even thought I'd found a little toof appearing but alas nothing seems to have happened. We're active little'un, started crawling, walking and climbing all in the last week.... oh when I say walk it's not quite independent walking it's "can you hold my hands please" - this I don't mind as Little C is wibblywobbly still. We've been through the sudden thrusting onto feet just to topple over and bang head on floor phase and Little C has decided to climb people who will hold on and not let such nasty things happen. Except sometimes I'm a baaad person and blink and in that moment Little C always slips or slides down something - at least the crying isn't so bad now. 

Talking - I do, I'm trying not to fall into the raspberry-blowing-googoogaga that the other half and other halfs family do. I'm asked if "dada" is on the list and noooo its "a-bprrrrrrrrr" - well that's what dada does to Little C. We do have "mama" generally when Little C is frustrated or hurt, I guess it's as good a time as any. 

Food - yummy, Little C eats it all! Well eats what we've tried - baby rice, veggies, fruit, lamb, beef so far and all mushed to a pulp. We've choked on carrot sticks and sucked bread crusts and this week rice cakes (they really are polystyrene, aren't they?). We've reached the stage where Little C can be stuffed yet still cry when the bowl is empty - I did this last night as we were too late for baby rice before bed so I filled her with dinner. Ok so it's not as bold as bolognaise or lasagna which you can get in pots from any supermarket but I thought starting bland with individual flavours would provide a good start, at least then Little C can recognise different flavours rather than a mushy mix. You may thing bread is bland but apparently for little mouths it's a startling taste that needs serious consideration.

1 comment:

Mephitis said...

I'm pretty sure you're right rice cakes are polystyrene. :D