Thursday 28 June 2007

Mmmm crisp sandwiches

Ok so I have a few "short" days... tutut trust me to work too many hours in the month!
So I thought I'd pick up some shopping and spend half an hour weeding the front garden... it's not a big garden. Well shopping is same old same old I can do it in about 40mins when there are no old dears tootling along or women with small children who stop willy nilly in front of me and the person in front of me at the check out doesn't have zillions of goods with faulty prices or barcodes, except I always seem to spend twice the amount I planned to even though I get stuff needed.
Well anyway I got my old (2 months old but extremely battered after stripping everything out of the old bed)gardening gloves out and stood in funny positions in the front garden... oh yeah pulling out weeds. Only it wasn't the 30minutes I expected. I was doing well honest, got the first third done in 10 minutes only the other 2/3s took over an hour. I'm just waiting for the sunburn to kick in - yes I said sun, I was going to do it in the rain but I seemed to have managed the one sunny day.
And the crisp sandwiches.... well they were for my very late lunch. I haven't had descent salt & vinegar crisp sandwiches since I was a kid.

No comments: