Tuesday 12 August 2008

Cake, gimme cake

but only the way I want it! 

Mother-in-law-to-be has taken over the cake, well I knew she'd taken on cooking the cake - we negotiated out of chocolate as I don't like her chocolate cake... neither do I like her fruit cake but I can't DO anything about that except not eat it. So I'm not getting the cake I wanted - me and the other half did come to the agreement of carrot, chocolate and fruit to please everyone - god knows why it was thought the fruit cake be the largest, personally I'd have thought the chocolate cake should have been the biggest as I know more people who'd have it...... but now were down to 2 fruit and a carrot. So I get carrot if I get a piece of cake, already said no nuts as some people insist carrot cake has nuts, surely that makes it a carrot and nut cake? 

So I'm already fed up about THE cake, now I find out that she's already got the decorations... excuse me but aren't the groom and bride supposed to be involved? I feel like disowning the cake and when it comes to photos and cutting the blinkin thing to go stand by something else (I shall take a fairy cake and cut that!). I could order my own deco and put it on the cake on the day, wipe hers off the face of the cake. Why don't people ask? huh? is it such a big deal to ask - I don't bite unless provoked and asking wont provoke me. I'd even told her I'd seen some nice ones in a shop and WE should go have a look see if they're ok

Enough ranting from me for now I have a tiny person, who has wriggled off, to tend to.

2 comments:

Mephitis said...

It's your bloody cake! You should get what you want. I never understand the need some parents seem to have to take-over everything when it comes to these things.

If they want to help that's great, but they should be the enablers, ie. let you choose the design and they organise & arrange.

You'd think the aim would be to give you the day you want, not the day they want. Still, at least they're trying, (very trying!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.