Friday 8 August 2008

Soother

It's only 3 weeks and I'm giving in to my other halfs insistant on using a soother/dummy when Little C wails - only I will wait for a real episode the other one gives in as soon as there's a hint of wail coming. Little C's also been having episodes asleep (of sudden out the blue wailing) - I'm thinking it's soother related. 

The question is, is it a good idea to use one now? I think little C's already hooked on it, which I don't think is good and I'd like to stop it, but I can see how it makes life easy. Particularly as today I took it away and Little C wailed constantly for 15 miutes, and then had a 10 minute break before setting off again. I even managed to do a nappy change and provide a bath (as the little darlings started weeing over the change mat whenever we take the nappy off) and we had a constant wail through it. I'm beginning to wish there were colour coded instructions (blue for feed, red for "I want to be burped/sick" etc.).

Oh well back to servicing the sleepy head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use the dummy!! They are great!! And they are much better for the teeth and future orthodontistry than a child getting into sucking its thumb. A dummy weighs nothing but the weight of a child's arm on the front teeth is a terrible thing over time, and that's why I needed to have orthodontistry in my teens, because of thumb sucking. Also, you can chuck dummies away when the time comes, whereas a child sucking its thumb, well you can't chop fingers off. Dummies are for making life easier, so use them! Congratulations on motherhood by the way, sorry I haven't managed to send a card yet, I had one but then went on holiday and if a card isn't sent straight away it disappears into the chaos of our living room. See you in a couple of weeks! Abster x

Mephitis said...

I second the dummy - it's a boon for one's sanity. :D