Monday 29 October 2007

Don't feel like dancing?

Had a fantastic weekend. Friday was hard work as I hate leaving a dirty house so kitchen and bathroom were cleaned and all washing up done - I had help!! I didn't have to attend to everything on my own. That was niiiiicceee.
Had a good car trip and some nice driving weather (sunny but a tad chilly out of the car). The only slight annoyance was that the "hotel" were still trying to get the rooms ready at 3pm when we should have 
been able to get in them at 2pm.
Did quite a bit of dancing, over the weekend, had a lot of laughs with the folks we went with (there were 24 friends there, so the group sometimes dominated the dancefloor). The floor had been "enlarged" - carpet rolled back on all sides to make it bigger. Teachers were ok bit off their form, one had had an op on a knee, and the other wasn't feeling fantastic so it's understandable and they did quite a professional job of it. Dances learnt were generally ok.
Sunday was wet wet wet wet and generally more fine rain. Put a bit of a dampener on our outing - we drove up the hill and stopped to have lunch at the cafe.... it really was only about 15 minute walk from the "hotel", well it was rainy. Had a cream tea. Then went back for a nap. Naps are very important on these weekends, I'm no spring chicken and dancing till 2am and getting up for 8 for breakfast is a little tiring these days.
Today we came back; we opened our doors to glorious sunshine and clear skies. I thought (hoped really) it'd be the same when we got home so I could get the washing dry. The trip back was lovely.
Got busy at home: 2 lots of washing done and 2 to go, the ivy pulled off the wall and as much as I could bare pulled from places I could only just reach along the border, bagged and swept, vacuumed through the house so the kitchen is the only floor left, went out and got fish and chips (which I promptly dropped on the floor - thankfully most was in bags but we did lose a fishcake, guilty yes I felt so as it wasn't my fishcake, my dinner was safe but only just).
Now I'm quickly (well as quick as I can) doing all the internet stuff before turning my hand to yet something else that needs doing before bed.

No comments: