Wednesday 25 July 2007

Interviewee... me?

Ok so I had the day off work. Originally it was to give me some extra study time as I’ve not had any time but as would happen I got a job interview so it kinda worked well ….as in I didn’t have to change the day or take extra time off work (there goes another days holiday!).
Well there’s the worry over attire. I decided as it’s going to rain trousers would have to do and then I found my white shirt’s too small and I’ve not got anything pastel (a shade they recommend) so it’s lime green day… I know I know, an odd colour for an interview.
So I left, taking my time, and got there early enough for a lazy walk round the shops and local cottages and back to be 10 minutes early. Well he opened the door and showed me in. Coffee or water? Huh? Oh coffee… hmm that’s not like me I usually stick to the easy water option! So sit and talk. Something I did, not sure how well particularly, I think I rambled through my job skills rather and then there seemed to creep in a little bit of wording that implied I already had the job! Argh! Are you allowed to infer and act like you already have the job? I think that’s rather presumptuous. At least I wasn’t a real nervous wreck. Oh we shall see I have several days of agonising until I know if I’ve made the second interview (sounded fun – get to have lunch with them!).

1 comment:

Mephitis said...

Good luck, I hope you get it.

I think often interviewers talk like you've got the job so it's easy to slip into, and probably it's better to sound confident than to qualify everything with ifs and buts.